Using the Library
All Essex Junction residents age 5 and older are eligible to receive a library card which entitles individuals to check-out books, magazines, videos, music, and recorded books. In addition, a Brownell Library card can be used to check-out materials at participating HomeCard libraries.
Please bring an official form of identification and proof of residency.
Individuals who live outside of the HomeCard system may receive a library card for use at Brownell. Short-term library cards may be issued to temporary residents and students.
Please contact Brownell for more information about these options.
Checking items out
- Most books, magazines, videos, music, and recorded books check-out for 3 weeks
- Bestsellers, youth holiday books, Red Clover and DCF nominations for the current year check-out for 2 weeks
- Videos check-out for 1 week
- Items may be renewed unless someone else is waiting for the item. Renew
online or contact the library to request the renewal of an item.
- If you are looking for a specific title, please search our
Catalog and place a hold, or call the
library and ask for the item to be reserved for you.