Brownell is in Phase 2 of reopening, and we are currently offering both curbside pickup and appointments for Essex residents to browse the collection.
- You can also call our Main Desk at 878-6955 weekdays between 10am-6pm to schedule an appointment.
- We are not taking walk-ins at this time, please call ahead to see if appointments are available.
- Because we are still encouraged to Be Smart and Stay Safe, all materials will be checked out to you for three weeks.
Our outdoor book drop is open for returns 24/7.
- Returned items are quarantined before being checked in, please expect returns to be reflected in your account in about a week.
Downloadable audiobooks and ebooks are also available through Libby or Overdrive: https://gmlc.overdrive.com/.
To get a library card:
- For Village residents, we can offer a temporary virtual card which will provide access to digital services. For a virtual card contact the library by phone, email, by filling out this online form. [https://docs.google.com/
forms/d/e/ 1FAIpQLSeuhRE73PDRMuFh_ 1IiIKNf22TwlHT2ufPftkWETxSOncn ChQ/viewform?usp=sf_link]
- To get a physical card, fill out the online form above and send us a picture of your ID or a piece of mail with your name and current address on it. We will mail you the card or you can arrange to pick it up when you book an appointment.
- More information on programs can be found on Facebook or on our website program calendar, just select the event for details and the meeting link to log on: https://brownelllibrary.org/