All Essex Junction residents ages five and older are eligible to receive a library card which entitles them to check out books, magazines, videos, music, audio books, games, and many other items. Adults, please bring an official form of identification and proof of residency.
In addition, a Brownell Library card can be used to check out materials at participating HomeCard libraries.
Individuals who live outside of the HomeCard system area may receive a library account for use at Brownell. Short-term library accounts may be issued to temporary residents and students. Please contact Brownell for more information about these options.
Brownell Library also has an expanding collection of "things" such as a telescope and portable DVD player that are available exclusively to Brownell Library card holders to check out.
Checking items out
- Most books, magazines, music, and audio books have a loan period of 3 weeks.
- Youth holiday books, Red Clover and Dorothy's List nominations for the current year may be borrowed for 2 weeks.
- Museum and attraction passes must be returned after 1 week.
- Videos have a loan period of 1 week.
- Items may be renewed unless someone else is waiting for the item. Renew with your online account or contact the library to request the renewal of an item.
- If you are looking for a specific title in the catalog, and the title is not available, place a hold on it, or call the library and ask to reserve it.